Are you our new Restaurant & Banqueting Coach?
Teaching Hotel Château Bethlehem (THCB) is the practical learning ground for the hotel school students and is an integral part of the educational program. The hotel celebrates its 10-year anniversary this year and welcomes everyone. The hotel consists of 26 rooms and suites, a bar/bistro, a restaurant as well as several meeting and banqueting spaces and offers HMSM students an innovative learning experience on all levels; from the daily operations to managerial tasks. With the inspiring concept that the Teaching Hotel embodies, a unique selling point for both students and employees of the HMSM is created.
The hotel is a real hotel, run in an educational environment. Our guests have real expectations and are looking, also in the Teaching Hotel, for The hotel experience. This gives the position an extra dimension on top of regular operational and administrative responsibilities
What describes you?
- Considerable and relevant experience in renowned (international) restaurants/hotels.
- Passion for your profession and inspiring, creative and quality focused.
- A team player: flexible, reliable, integer and with excellent communication skills.
- Focussed on developing students and an eye for recognizing and stimulating individual talent.
- Stimulates own initiative and individual responsibility by the students.
- Work and think on a bachelor level.
- Can work with relevant computer applications e.g. Word, Excel, Point of Sales systems.
- Able to work shifts in line with business demands, including evenings and weekends.
What are your responsibilities?
- Responsible for the daily operations and standards in restaurant and banqueting sections.
- Training-on-the job, motivating and coaching of students who work in the hotel as part of the bachelor program.
- Managing of and supervising trainees who work in the hotel, as well as evaluating their performance.
- Maintaining the digital tools of the education environment. The program, in post-Covid 19, being hybrid education and/or blended learning. Additional training courses are made available for this, if necessary.
- Coordination and planning of work schedules/timetables in conjunction with the students and colleagues.
- Shared responsibility for all aspects related to cost and revenue control in the department.
- Task division of the departmental admin tasks, in consultation with the other coaches of the F&B department.
- An part-time appointment of 0,8 FTE for a duration of 1 year at Zuyd university.
- Depending on former education and experience, classification takes place in accordance with the CAO HBO, salary scale 7.
Do you have additional questions?
Please feel free to contact Mr Eelco Holwerda, General manager THCB, via telephone number 043-3528247, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to apply?
You should apply for this position by 14th December 2021 at the very latest by entering your personal particulars (accompanied by a letter of application and CV) on the website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
|Vacature categorie||Administratief, Horeca, Management, Onderwijs|