Is it your second nature to be of service to team members and customers? Are you an enthusiastic, pro-active, disciplined, organized, initiative, sociable person, who also can work independently and gets excited to put the pieces together in a calendar puzzle?
Then we are looking for you!
Two departments from Maastricht University, the Institute of Data Science (IDS) and Brightlands Institute for Smart Society (BISS) are jointly looking for an Office Manager to support their teams on administrative & organizational issues. The office manager spends half of the time with the IDS team in Maastricht and half of the time with the BISS team in Heerlen.
- Assist management and staff members in financial and administrative tasks e.g. projects, HR and education, and research-related activities,
- Manage online agenda systems, website, and social media channels,
- Managing a complex calendar for BISS’ MD and for IDS’ Director, as well as planning complex meetings for team members,
- Assist in hosting guests and organizing meetings, conferences, and activities,
- Arrange travel plans,
- Comply with University policies and procedures, including financial administration and record-keeping,
- Become part of the BVH team (Emergency Response), to which you will receive a course,
- Ideas are more than welcome since you can make this position your own.
- Professional office management training on an HBO level and experience with financial and secretarial administrative tasks,
- Fluent in English and Dutch (minimum B1-level) both in oral and written communication,
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, Teams/Zoom, etc.,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse cultures and populations including students, researchers, administrators, and faculty members,
- Enthusiastic self-starter, who must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: 38.
Terms of employment
- 30,4 to 38 hours per week, full-time availability is a plus.
- We initially offer the position for one year, but subject to evaluation and funding, the position is eligible for extension.
- Salary is competitive, depending on qualifications and work experience. The salary will be set on salary scale 7 of the collective labor agreement of the Dutch Universities (between € 2.376 and € 3.208 for a full-time job). On top of this, there is an 8% holiday and an 8.3% year-end allowance.
- We offer you a stimulating working environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- You will be part of a lively and creative working environment. Maastricht University has an excellent international reputation, and Maastricht itself is a beautiful, open-minded city located in the center of Western Europe. The Brightlands Smart Services Campus is located in Heerlen and offers a vibrant innovative community with academics, companies, public organizations, and students.
- The terms of employment of Maastricht University are set out in the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities (CAO), supplemented with local UM provisions. For more information on terms of employment, please visit our website http://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl > About UM > Working at UM
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 20,000 students and 4,700 employees. Reflecting the university’s strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
The Institute of Data Science (IDS)
IDS at Maastricht University is a research center embedded in the Faculty of Science and Engineering led by distinguished professor Michel Dumontier. IDS is an interfaculty institute consisting of a core team of data science experts that cooperate closely with researchers across disciplines such as medicine, life sciences, social sciences and humanities, business and economics, knowledge engineering, and smart services. The mission of the Institute of Data Science is to foster an interfaculty environment for collaborative innovation in the development and application of data science technologies.
BISS – Brightlands Institute for Smart Society is an interfaculty institute at Maastricht University, built around a team of researchers fostering interdisciplinary innovation on the edge of fundamental research and societal challenges. BISS addresses business and societal challenges, accelerating innovation and creating societal impact in a digitizing world. BISS aims to empower people and organizations through the socially responsible application of digital technologies. BISS is located in Heerlen at the Brightlands Smart Services Campus (BSSC).
|Vacature categorie||Administratief, Financieel, Management|