What are your tasks?
What are your tasks?
- Provide classes in the aforementioned fields of expertise.
- Supervise and coach students in project groups and in applied research projects.
- Coach students in their study progress and in community building.
- Supervise and visit interns, possibly abroad.
- Contribute to the further development of the educational program in the fields of expertise as well as to the digitization of the program.
- Uphold the overall quality of the curriculum and assessment program.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for experienced, internationally oriented candidates who endorse the importance of good education and are driven to take ownership of the position as higher education lecturer.
To students they will be a source of inspiration and a role model; to colleagues they will act as team players, contributing to the education of the future generation of hotel managers.
One of the characteristics of HMSM is our strong community: students not only study on our campus, they also live there during the first year of their studies and gain practical experience in the Teaching Hotel Chateau Bethlehem.
Our colleagues also feel part of the HMSM community and stand for small-scale and intensive education. In addition to their passion for and knowledge of their own discipline, each lecturer contributes to the promotion of hospitality, both to students and colleagues.
As a new colleague, you will be included in this community and contribute to it. Maastricht is therefore also the location for your work as a lecturer.
What are we looking for?
Understanding customers’ needs are at the heart of creating sustainable value for customers and the customer journey; the basis of marketing. In the bachelor and master program consumer behavior plays an important role in the curriculum. (Research) topics in this domain include: Consumer behavior, Consumer Psychology, Customer Journey, Marketing in the hospitality and tourism industry, and/or Branding.
Besides a theoretical approach, much attention is paid to the practical application of this knowledge in various areas of hospitality management.
What do we expect?
- A PhD in Consumer Behavior, Consumer Psychology, Strategic Marketing or related fields.
- Excellent teaching and coaching skills for bachelor & master and be familiar with current educational methods and techniques (blended learning).
- A recognised teaching certificate or willingness to attain one.
- Being able to design and create course material into the topics mentioned above on a Bachelor and Master level, and if desired, eager to take the lead.
- Being able and willing to conduct research into the topics mentioned above in one of the HMSM research centres.
- Have published – or be in the process of publishing – high quality research.
- A global mindset (open to international and intercultural dimensions) and be competent in both Dutch and English to teach at the level of a (near) native speaker.
- Preferably experience in/affinity with the hospitality industry.
- Excellent social skills, and ability to work independently, and a proactive attitude to problem solving.
- A team player, able to inspire both students and colleagues.
Who are we?
The Hotel Management School Maastricht (HMSM),
a subsidiary of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, is internationally viewed as one of the leading institutes in its field.
It offers a four-year Bachelor of Arts programme in both Dutch and English and a Master of Science in Facility & Real Estate Management which is organized in collaboration with international partners.
A new Master “Leading in Hospitality Innovation” is currently being developed.
The bachelor course is aimed at prospective managers and entrepreneurs in the international hospitality industry, comprises a foundation programme of 2.5 years and a specialisation programme 0f 1.5 year offering three tracks: Hotel Management, Food Service and Horizons in Hospitality.
The focus of the HMSM is
‘The next step in hospitality’. The programme challenges students to carry out this innovation in hospitality. Core values include individual responsibility and personal attention. Besides that, we strongly believe in passion, professionalism, initiative, openness and inspiration. Innovative entrepreneurship is one of the focal points of the education and research programme. The other focal points are ‘connecting’ gastronomy and the development of a ‘global mind set’. Furthermore, the ambition for the coming years is to significantly increase HMSM’s international profile.
Terms of employment
What do we offer?
We welcome you at HMSM, offering a challenging and innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and develop yourself further.
Colleagues describe working at HMSM as it gives energy and it is rewarding to work with young and talented students; you get plenty of freedom and room for your entrepreneurship and the collaboration with the industry is very close.
• An appointment for 0.6 – 1.0 FTE (to be negotiated) for the term of one year.
• Should the candidate prove suitable and perform favourably, then the contract may be extended, provided operating circumstances remain unchanged.
• The salary scale awarded depends on the candidate’s qualifications and experience and shall be set in accordance with the collective labour agreement (CAO) in the higher vocational education sector, within the career prospects of scale 11.
• The terms of employment applicable include both 8% holiday pay and a fixed bonus equivalent to one month’s salary.
• Our fringe terms benefits comprise excellent opportunities to further one’s professional career.
Interest and application
Further information is available either on our website: www.hotelschoolmaastricht.nl or from Mrs Josje van Dongen, Head of Innovation & Programme Specialisations at HMSM firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +31 (0)6 4357 7391.
Do you want to apply?
Interested candidates should apply for the position before November 7th by entering their personal details, accompanied by a letter of application and CV on this website.