As Zuyd, we want to contribute to the development of professions and our region. Together with the community we develop new insights into and solutions for future and current professionals in, for instance, the fields of healthcare, chemistry, and hospitality. We endeavour to play a leading role, settle for nothing but perfection, and have an international mind set.
The 1,700 employees of Zuyd collaborate on three core responsibilities: we educate 14,000 future professionals in fifty bachelor’s and master’s programmes, we develop training programmes for current professionals, and we conduct research on behalf of and in cooperation with businesses and institutions.
The cluster of International Business and Communication (IBC) of Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Maastricht consists of four Bachelor programmes: International Business, European Studies, Oriental Languages and Communication, and the Translation Academy. Furthermore the research centre Professional Communication in a Digitalizing Society and research centre Sustainable International Business are part of the cluster.
The cluster greatly values the quality and innovation of education, internationalisation and entrepreneurship. We strive to create a long-term connection with our students which remains long after graduation.
The academy of Oriental Languages & Communication is offering a position as
Lecturer & coach English
(0.5 – 0.8 fte)
Your responsibilities include:
- teaching students English and coaching them in the application of the English language in professional products;
- teaching and coaching students in the use and application of English in copywriting and content creation for various target groups and communication channels;
- coaching and advising students during research projects;
- contributing to the curriculum development in the above-mentioned areas, including assessment and development of assessment tools;
- coaching students as part of their academic and career counselling programme.
We expect you to have:
- an academic Master’s degree in English;
- excellent communication skills in English, advanced communication skills in Dutch (minimum C1-level);
- professional experience in the field of copywriting in English within the communication work, preferably a demonstrable field;
- eagerness and be able to work with new teaching and research methods, aimed at preparing our students for tomorrow’s labour market;
- the ability to contribute constructively to the development of an integrated curriculum within multidisciplinary teams;
- a certificate of pedagogic/didactic skills or the willingness to obtain one;
- the ability to establish and maintain good relations with businesses and organizations that are relevant for the department;
- the willingness to travel for international events in order to represent the academy;
- the ability and willingness to work in other educational tracks, based on expertise;
- a team player attitude and an entrepreneurial, customer-oriented, creative and enthusiastic mindset;
- the flexibility to teach both in offline and online environments and to develop appropriate materials for blended learning;
- the ability to work professionally with digital learning environments, audio-visual materials, and Microsoft Office applications.
- a temporary contract, for 0.5 – 0.8 FTE, preferably per February 1st 2022 or otherwise as soon as possible, via Randstad Payrolling for the duration of one year. This vacancy is a combination of replacement for maternity leave and additional temporary funding out of NPO-means. Depending on the broader competencies and tasks the candidate would be able to perform, the size of the contract could be possibly increased to 0,8 fte maximum.
- a salary depending on academic background and professional experience, of maximum scale 11 according to the CAO-HBO, the collective agreement for universities of applied sciences (maximum € 5,127.39 before taxes, per month, under fulltime employment).
N.B.: for in-company candidates the current contract will be respected.
Should you have any questions with regard to this vacancy, please contact Toine Bocken, head of department for Oriental Languages & Communication. Telephone number: +31 (0)6 23 68 75 58
You can apply until the 19th of December 2021 by uploading your personal information (including a covering letter and cv) on our website www.werkenbijzuyd.nl.
Interviews with selected candidates will take place the 22nd or 23rd of December 2021.
Applications sent directly to one of the contact persons or in any other way than the abovementioned will not be reviewed.